We desire our ministry of the 21st Century to replicate the church of 29AD as closely as possible; Therefore, First United Pentecostal Church of Ponchatoula testifies that;
* We believe that God is ONE, eternally expressed in three manifestations, namely: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
* We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ. Affirmin that Jesus Christ was God manifested in the flesh. When believers would look upon Him they recognized that Jesus Christ was Immanuel, God with us. Some churches and denominations place him second. Jesus Christ however said He was the "First and the Last" The fullness of the Godhead dwells in Christ Bodily according to Colossians 2:9
* We believe that Jesus suffered, died, was buried, and rose from the dead for our total salvation to all whom accept Him.
* We believe that Jesus us the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Him.
* We believe that the Holy Bible is the only infallible written word of God.
* We believe that God, who is rich in mercy, has chosen form eternity to restore fallen man to Himself by electing to save from His eternal wrath all those who would believe upon His Son as the scripture has said.
* We believe that all God's children are called to engage in the lifelong process of transformaiton by renewing their minds and yielding their bodies as instruments of righteousness unto God.
* We believe that the redemptive work of Christ provides supernatural healing for our physical bodies. Healing and wholeness is the highest will of God for all His children who live in obedience to His Word and exercise faith in His covenant promises.
* We believe in the value of a soul.
* We believe that the church should be culturally relevant while being doctrinally pure.
* We believe that the anointing in the teaching in our worship is vital.
* We believe that Christ followers should manifest authenticity and yearn for continuous growth.
* We believe that loving relationships should permeate every area of church life.
* We believe that excellence honors God and inspires peoplle.
* We believe that a church should operate in a unified community of servants where men and women use their gifts.
About the Bible:
The Bible is the infallible Word of God and the authority for salvation and Christian living.
(II Timothy 3:16)
There is One God, who has reviealed Himself as our Father, in His Son Jesus Christ, and as the Holy Spirit. Jesus Christ is God manifested in flesh. He is both God and man.
(Deuteronomy 6:4; Ephesians 4:4-6; Colossians 2:9; I Timothy 3:16)
About Sin and Salvation:
Everyone has sinned and needs salvation. Salvation comes by grace through faith based on the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ. Our basic and fundamental doctrine shall be the Bible standard of full salvation. Which is repentance, baptism in water by immersion in the name of Jesus for the remission of sins, and the baptism of the Holy Ghost with the initial sign of speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives the utterance. (Romans 3:23-25; 6:23; Ephesians 2:8-9; John 3:3-5; Acts 2:38; I Peter 3:20-21; Mark 16:16; Titus 3:5)
About the Gospel:
The saving gospel is th egood news that Jesus died for our sins, was buried, and rose again. We obey the gospel by repentance (death to sin), water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ (burial), and receiving the gift of the Holy Spirit (resurrection). (I Corinthians 15:1-4; Acts 2:4, 37-39; Romans 1:16, 6:3-4)
About Christian Living:
As Christians we are to love God and others. We should live a holy life inwardly and outwardly, and worship God joyfully. The supernatural gifts of the Spirit, including healing, are for the church today. (Mark 12:28-31; II Corinthians 7:1; Hebrews 12:14; I Corinthians 12:8-10)
About the Future:
Jesus Chris is coming again to catch away His church. In the end will be the final resurrection and the final judgement. The righteous will inherit eternal life, and the unrighteous eternal death. (I Thessalonians 4:16-17; Revelation 20:11-15)
We Pray Together Out Loud because...In the Bible we read: "they lifted up their voice to God with one accord..."Acts 4:24
Why we do what we do:
*We Lift Our Hands In Praise because...In the Bible we read: "Lift up your hands in the sanctuary, and bless the Lord."Psalm 134:2
* We Sing With All Of Our Hearts because...In the Bible we read: "Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all the earth: make a loud noise, and rejoice, and sing praise." Psalm 98:4
* We Play Musical Instruments because...In the Bible we read: "...and all the house of Israel played before the Lord on all manner of instruments..." II Samuel 6:5
* We Clap And Shout Unto God because...In the Bible we read: "...O clap your hands all ye people; shout unto od with a voice of triumph." Psalm 47:1
* We Dance in The Spirit because...In the Bible we read: "...Praise Him with the timbrel and dance: praise Him with the stringed instruments and organs." Psalm 150:4
* We testify Publicly because...In the Bible we read: "I will declare thy name unto my brethren; in the midst of the congregation will I praise thee." Psalm 22:22
* We Anoint With Oil For Divine Healing because...In the Bible we read: "When ye come together, everyone of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation..." I Corinthinans 14:26